Friday, January 23, 2009
Ecological Footprint
After completing my "ecological footprint", I observed that I need to be a little more respectful of our planet earth. My total size footprint was 173.48. WOW. While reading the questions, it they made me be a little more subconscious of what I do or how I do it. For instance, recycling. I occasionally recycled, maybe once in a blue moon. Or how about, how much meat I eat. Or how about the amount of electricity I use. After seeing my total size footprint, I told myself its time to make a change. For starters, I walked around my apartment and unplugged everything that I did not use on a daily basis. Secondly, I started a recycle bag for aluminum and plastics. I hope by starting with these two things, will make me more conscious of how I can change for the future. After all, it is not only for myself, but most important, planet earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
173.48 earths? That is a lot of earths hahahaa. Doing those things will definitely help to lessen your impact. Changing your light bulbs to more eco friendly bulbs helps a lot too.
ReplyDeleteWow you had a lot of earths lol. You dont realize how much the little things count but they do. Good job with starting to change your earth. Turning off the lights and not keeping the water running can also help.
ReplyDelete