Sunday, March 1, 2009

Vernon Martin

Nature Pictures, Images and Photos



Nature Pictures, Images and Photos



"Americans are swimming in a sea of messages" Vernon Martin stated. After listening to V. Martin discuss his lecture it really made me think. In today's society we have "everything" we want and "everything" we need. I work at a mall so everyday I am faced with beautiful items or cool gadget's. I always ask myself, "Erin, do you want or need?" Most defiantly I tell myself "I WANT, I WANT, I WANT", but in reality with the economy today, it is I NEED.



'The Nature Company' is selling artificial items that are naturally interesting. They are items that we connect as nature items, such as butterfly farms, ant farms, bird catchers, and videos, etc. They make items to make us feel closer to nature. I believe that the 'Nature Company' is a great store because the point of the store in to inform people of nature and how beautiful it is.



Another example would be the restaurant 'Rain Forest Cafe'. What great ambiance! As you enter the restaurant they lead you through a store which promotes animals in the amazon. As you sit and enjoy your food, you hear lots of animal sounds and see some animal movement. I believe this is another way that society is trying to connect people with nature. Being in enviorments such as these, really make me what to get out into nature and expierence the liveliness of it. I want to be able to touch it and smell it, not just see it as artificial items.

No comments:

Post a Comment