
Growing up my parent always talked about how we (my sister & I) could do our part in keeping the environment clean. Recycling was always a must. We recycled everything!!! My mom would always talk about environmental issues with us and explain the reasons why certain things were happening the way they were. We were never allowed to "sit inside all day and watch t.v.". My parents encouraged us to play outside, to go on bike rides, and "just be kids".
During the summer months, my family activities were the same year after year. We would practially live at the beach during the weekdays, and go camping at least once a month.
My mom was a teacher, so she had the summer months to enjoy them with us. My mom always would take my sister & I to the beach, along with the neighbor kids. After a long day at the beach, my friends and I would always walk around and collect the aluminum and water bottles that people would leave behind. We would fill up garbage bags full!!!
Camping was also great. I loved camping, and I still do!!! I am that person that would rather camp for two weeks versus staying at a hotel. I love the great outdoors. I have continued the tradition that parents started when I was a child. Every month during the summer, my friends and I pack up at go camping up towards truckee. CAMPING IS GREAT!!!
I am very happy of the way my parents raised me. They were definalty not "tree-huggers" and did not preach about "saving the planet", but they definatly did their part in making sure my sister & I were aware of how beautiful the planet earth really is.
your parents do seem to be very environmentally friendly. Me and my friends also go camping but not as often, at least once in during the summer.
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm impressed and almost jealous of how great your parents sound. Mine weren't nearly environmentally conscious as yours were & if they were it was to their own selfish benefit. We need more great parents like yours out in the world to raise their children up like you, especially the not sittin in & watching tv part. Child obesity rate is increasing very rapidly right now & I believe tv serves a factor in that.
ReplyDeleteSeems like your parents really encouraged you. I feel that my parents did not really do anything to encourage me, besides recycling cans and getting the money back for them. We all love to be outdoors though, and i have leraned myself what needs to happen and have told my parents what we can do as a family to help.
ReplyDelete