I really enjoyed listening to Ray Darby's speech. Hearing his viewpoints on saving energy really made me think "outside the box". He has done so much personally to save energy, from his car to home to food.
The US Energy Flow Trends chart Ray showed and explained to us was a lot of information. I was a astonished to learned that we are importing more of our energy rather than exporting it. While looking at the graph that Ray showed, I learned that us humans are so wasteful when it comes to the amount of energy we use. What surprised me the most was to learn that the two largest areas that we have lost energy is from electric systems and transportation. I was amazed that 2/3 of the energy produced is lost in the process of getting electricity into our homes.
WOW.. I myself need to think of ways to save energy in my everyday life...
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment